Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bamboozled by Wacom's set-up UI


I finally got round to setting up my Bamboo graphics tablet from Wacom... probably the sixth Wacom I've owned. Love the product, package design, functionality. Here's the glitch: You have to run the visual tutorial to set up the tablet and pen (okay), but what happens when the UI locks up? I got a Director error twice, restarted the tutorial, and was finally stymied by a "press space bar to continue" dialog. This is a great tool, but the tutorial for install of the product suffers from overdesign. I understand that someone designing a tutorial for this very slick product would be tempted to make it as cool as the tablet. But you know what's *really* cool? When you can actually complete the tutorial without aggravation.

No comments:

Post a Comment