Friday, September 11, 2009

My friend Dan Rosenbaum, eyewitness to 9/11

My friend Dan Rosenbaum is a true friend. The kind you slug it out with, just to realize you can't live without them. We met in New York at FOLIO: Show 1999, so it is our tenth anniversary of friendship.

I learned a lot from Dan, about business and the Web world, where he's a true pioneer. One of the best nights of my pre-Web-crash life was at Jack Powers' Internet World LA party in 2000. Dan wore a suit, I wore a black vinyl ballgown, and we all exulted in the rush of the Web.

Dan is a devoted husband and father. On 9/11, when Olivia was pregnant with their twin sons, Dan had an eyewitness view of the maelstrom at Ground Zero. I will never be the writer Dan is, so I will let him tell you the story of what he saw on 9/11.

Always remember. Never forget. Happy birthday, Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment