Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NY Daily News: Web's worst offender for intrusive ads?

Worst offender: Best Foods ad that can't be closed AND covers content. I promise to boycott this brand forever.
The temerity to cover the entire masthead. UNbelievable.


So, what's up at New York Daily News? I have not seen such an onslaught of intrusive ads in, well, ever. They cover the masthead. They cover content. AND you can't close them. I would love to see the metrics on these ads, then I'd love to test it so I could demonstrate just how many of those vaunted click-throughs are actually invoked by users trying to exit these ads = which break every rule. I feel as if I just had to toss four pushy salespeople out of my living room. I bet a lot of readers at http://www.nydailynews.com feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment